Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
- A copy of this week's DMR/DLR attached to this email. This document is a daily math and language review aimed at helping your child go over previously learned skills. Every Friday, unless otherwise noted, students will have a DMR/DLR Quiz.
- Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DLR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, extra copies are available.
- In Math, we are working our way through addition/subtraction of multi-digit whole numbers up to a million. A question you can ask your child: How can you check your answer on an addition/subtraction to prove you're correct?
- We have begun our third trade book, Skeletons.
- In Science, we are now studying Inventions and Information Technologies.
- We have moved into Informative/Explanatory writing. A copy of your child's biography will be sent home with graded papers. A color copy of published biorgraphies will be displayed for the world to read.
- Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Thursday evening. Every student will be given a daily/weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend. Please be on the look out for this on Fridays. This is my way of keeping families in the loop about your child's academic/behavior choices.
- The 4th grade Legacy field trip is on Thursday, September 28. Students can bring their own lunch or order a sack lunch from the cafe.
- Crestview is On Air. Have a listen http://bobcat.backbonebroadcast.com/bobcat/player5.php