Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
- A copy of this week's DMR/DLR attached to this email. This document is a daily math and language review aimed at helping your child go over previously learned skills. Every Friday, unless otherwise noted, students will have a DMR/DLR Quiz. This quiz will be graded and come home on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DLR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, usually I have several extra copies made in advance, but this week I ran out. Due to high demand (which is awesome) more extra copies will be made available from now on. :)
- In Math, we are working our way through addition of multi-digit whole numbers up to a million. A question you can ask your child: Explain the standard algorithm you use to solve an addition problem.
- We have practiced our extended response to literacy with a writing prompt about Mary Anning. The focus this week being to understand the criteria for success on a writing prompt.
- Encourage your child to get onto their MSDLT Portal at home, and visit Flocabulary to practice their vocabulary words. We've practiced accessing our portal here at school. I've also included access information on Thursday night's homework.
- Our study of the government in Social Studies will come to an end this Friday with our first test. Next Thursday, our legacy field trip to the Benjamin Harrison home and Indiana Statehouse will reinforce the students' knowledge of the government.
- In Writing, editing and publishing our biographies. A published copy of each child's biography will be sent home with graded papers.
- Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Thursday evening. Every student will be given a daily/weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend. Please be on the look out for this on Fridays. This is my way of keeping families in the loop about your child's academic/behavior choices.
- Join us on Friday, September 22 for Jammin' on the Lawn from 5:30-7:30pm. You don't have to cook dinner because they'll be several delicious choices available.
- Crestview is On Air. Have a listen http://bobcat.backbonebroadcast.com/bobcat/player5.php