Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
- You will find a copy of this week's DMR/DLR attached to this email. This document is a daily math and language review aimed at helping your child go over previously learned skills. Every Friday, unless otherwise noted, students will have a DMR/DLR Quiz. This quiz will be graded and come home on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DLR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, I have several extra copies made in advance.
- In Math, we are moving into Addition and Subtraction. A pretest was taken to determine each student's starting level.
- In Reading, we have finished our second trade book about Mary Anning. Students will take a final quiz over the book at the end of the week.
- Encourage your child to get onto their MSDLT Portal at home, and visit Flocabulary to practice their vocabulary words. We've practiced accessing our portal here at school.
- Our study of the government in Social Studies will be coming to an end next week. This week we have discussed and learned about the three branches of government.
- In Writing, we are drafting, editing and publishing our biographies.
- Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Thursday evening. Every student will be given a weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend. Please be on the look out for this on Fridays. This is my way of keeping families in the loop about your child's academic/behavior choices.
- Lastly, if your child has not brought back the field trip form please complete and return these forms by Friday.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call 964-4200.