Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home. My apologies for last week's missing update.
- You will find a copy of this week's DMR/DLR attached to this email. This document is a daily math and language/vocabulary review aimed at helping your child go over previously learned skills. Every Friday, unless otherwise noted, students will have a DMR/DLR Quiz. This quiz will be graded and come home on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DLR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, I have several extra copies made in advance.
- In Math we are wrapping up our first unit, Place Value. Next week, we'll be moving into Addition and Subtraction.
- In Reading, we have finished our first trade book, Porpoises in Peril and have moved onto a biography about Mary Anning. We've also added vocabulary to our reading and writing block. I will begin to include those words in the weekly emails as well.
- In the last two week's we've swapped Science for Social Studies. We are studying citizens rights and responsibilities and how laws are made.
- In Writing, we are working our way through our first piece of writing, a biography. Students have brainstormed and organized their thoughts using lists and webs. We are now researching and writing our rough drafts.
- Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Friday. Every student will be given a weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend. Please be on the look out for this on Fridays. This is my way of keeping families in the loop about your child's academic/behavior choices.
- Lastly, if your child has not brought back the field trip and conference form, please complete and return these forms by Friday.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call 964-4200.