Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
- Last week students learned the 3 Be's throughout each part of the building. Your child should be able to: tell you what the 3 Be's of Crestview are and show you an example of how to BE in the cafe, hall, restroom, classroom, playground and hall.
- You will find a copy of this week's DMR/DLR attached to this email. This document is a daily math and language/vocabulary review aimed at helping your child go over previously learned skills. Every Friday, unless otherwise noted, students will have a DMR/DLR Quiz. This quiz will be graded and come home on Tuesday, in their homework folder.
- Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DLR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, I have several extra copies made in advance.
- In Math we have begun our first unit, Place Value. The student's learning goals so far are
- to read and write multi-digit whole numbers up to the hundred thousands using standard, expanded, and word form.
- explain the relationship between two place values that are next to each other
- In Reading, we have started our first trade book, Porpoises in Peril. The student's learning goal for this week is to look for details/examples in the book to support their answer.
- In Science, our class study of the brain and its jobs has come to an end. For the next 3-4 weeks, we'll be studying freedoms and responsibilities in Social Studies.
- In Writing, we've proceeded to tell about ourselves through poetry. Those students that finished publishing their BIO Poems will have a copy sent home on Tuesday.
- Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Friday. Every student will be given a weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend. Please be on the look out for this on Fridays. This is my way of keeping families in the loop about your child's academic/behavior choices. A blank copy has been attached to this email for reference.
- Lastly, please look for official school forms to be sent home this week. Please complete and return these forms by Friday.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call 964-4200.