Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
1) Grades were updated in Skyward last Wednesday. Please be sure to contact me if you do not have Skyward access and would like a copy of your child's grades.
2) Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DVR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, I have several extra copies made in advance.
3) In Math, we're plowing along through place value. The student's learning goal for this week is to round multi-digit whole numbers up to the thousands place using a number line.
4) In Reading, workshop routines are coming along nicely. We're adding on two more parts to our workshop with Online Learning and using trade books.
5) During Science, we'll continue focusing on how to manage stress through breathing techniques and the safe space.
6) This week we'll be starting our first writing piece, personal narratives. The learning goal will be to use a story map to organize events sequentially when planning our personal narrative.
7) Back-to-School night is on September 8 @ 6pm. I'll take you through a school day in your child's shoes. The first session will be 6:00 -6:20 and the second session will be 6:25 – 6:45. Teachers will head outside at 6:45 to join you at our picnic on the playground. Forms to order hotdog meals or Chick-Fil-A meals were sent home Friday. Feel free to bring a blanket or chairs to enjoy the fellowship outside.
8) Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Friday. Every student is given a weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend and returned on Monday.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call 964-4200.
Thank you for your participation in your child's education. Miss Andrews
This mailing list is announce-only.
Ms. Andrew's Class News and Information
We will not share your information with anyone else.