Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
1) Graded papers will come home on Tuesday. Grades will be updated in Skyward on Wednesday. Please be sure to contact me if you do not have Skyward access and would like a copy of your child's grades.
2) Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DVR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, I have several extra copies made in advance.
3) In Math we continue with place value. The student's learning goal for this week is to compare up to three multi-digit whole numbers using a place value chart. (For example: organize the following numbers from least to greatest 564,123; 52;625; 231,987)
4) In Reading, we are continuing to learn the workshop procedures and expectations. Part of our workshop so far is Independent Reading and Reading Conferences. Next week, we'll add on Online Learning.
5) In Science, our class is studying the brain and its jobs. Students will learn this week how to manage stress through breathing techniques and the safe space.
6) In Writing, we've begun talking about the writing process and procedures. The learning goal continues to be: to use a list to organize our ideas during the prewriting stage.
7) Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Friday. Every student is given a weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend and returned on Monday.
8) Lastly, mark your calendars for Back-to-School night on September 8 @ 6pm.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call 964-4200.
Happy helping, Miss Andrews
Subscription Reminder: You're Subscribed to, 4-Ms. Andrew’s 4th Grade Class Using the address: email@example.com
This mailing list is announce-only.
Ms. Andrew's Class News and Information
We will not share your information with anyone else.