Good evening families,
Below and attached you will find resources aimed at extending your child's education at home.
1) Last week students learned the 3 Be's throughout each part of the building. Your child should be able to: tell you what the 3 Be's of Crestview are and show you an example of how to BE in the cafe, hall, restroom, classroom, playground and hall.
2) You will find a copy of this week's DMR/DVR attached to this email. This document is a daily math and language/vocabulary review aimed at helping your child go over previously learned skills. Every Friday, unless otherwise noted, students will have a DMR/DVR Quiz. This quiz will be graded and come home on Tuesday, in their homework folder. **Please note: last week's quiz was counted as a practice one. It will not count as a grade. It was meant to give the students time to learn the classroom testing procedures.
3) Please feel free to use the attached DMR/DVR document as practice/study material at home. If you are unable to print from home, I have several extra copies made in advance.
4) In Math we have begun our first unit, Place Value. The student's learning goal for this week is to read and write multi-digit whole numbers up to the hundred thousands using standard, expanded, and word form.
5) In Reading, we are continuing to learn the workshop procedures and expectations. The student's learning goal for this week is to explain their responsibilities as a reader during reading workshop using a list or flowchart.
6) In Science, our class is studying the brain and its jobs. Students' learning goal is to use technical vocabulary to identify the 3 main parts of the brain. This week, we'll learn about the brain and our emotions.
7) In Writing, we've proceeded to tell about ourselves through poetry. BIO Poems will come home on Tuesday.
8) We are building relationships in various ways. One of these ways are "What's in a Name." Three students are chosen each day. Their objective is to talk with their families about the origin of their name. If possible, please send a picture in with your child when they are chosen. All pictures will be apart of our "Family Tree."
9) Please be sure to check and sign your child's assignment notebook for their homework by Friday. Every student was and will be given a weekly behavior chart to be signed over the weekend. Please be on the look out for this on Fridays. This is my way of keeping families in the loop about your child's academic/behavior choices. A blank copy has been attached to this email for reference.
10) Please look for official school forms to be sent home this week. Please complete and return these forms by Friday.
11) Lastly, mark your calendars for Back-to-School night on September 8 @ 6pm.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call 964-4200.
Happy helping, Miss Andrews
This mailing list is announce-only.
Ms. Andrew's Class News and Information
We will not share your information with anyone else.